Tuesday, April 29, 2008

My Reading Habit

When I was in my school and college life I was not having any interest in reading those books which are other than academics books. I used to think that academics books are too much too read then why to read other types of books. I always used to be backbencher in school and college also. As a student I was almost gone case , I took 5 years to complete my graduation :) Anyways thats not the topic here hahahaha. So how and when I started taking interests in reading good books. I dont remember the exact month but i think it was almost 1 and 1/2 years back when we were returning from my friend's marriage. One of my other frend told me that we will go to books shop bcoz he wanted to buy some books. So I went with him. I just started looking some books. He suggested me to read The Monk.. , The Alchemists, etc. I told him I an not interested in reading. But he said you try at least The Monk.. I said ok and bought that book. I came home and started reading that book. I decided that I will read first few pages and if its boring will not read full book. But I liked that book very much and then I read almost all books of Robin Sharma. Then reading became my habit. I liked some Paulo Coehilo's books too, eleven minutes, The Alchemists. Then I read books of my MASTER, Sri Sri Ravishankar. Wisdom for new millenimu, God loves fun, Celibrating Silence, Narad Bhakti Sutra. I liked all these books very much. I have started reading now MK Gandhi's autobiography.
Recently when i visited BAWA's blog , he has mentioned there few Richard Bach's books. I found those interesting so planned to read those also. Off course BAU has suggested that so it must be interesting and good only. Thanks BAU. For those who dont know who is BAWA , you can visit http://bawandinesh.blogspot.com/ Its just starting many good things yet to come , need to read.

Keep Smiling,
Jai Gurudev.

No comments: