Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Agra-Mathura Trip

From last so many days i was planning to go Delhi and agra. One of my friend is from Agra. I met him when he was in pune. He was in pune for almost 4 to 5 years, and then his father got shifted so they went Agra. I was having 4 days in my hand, so I thought 2 days I will spend in Agra and 2 days in Delhi. Thursday morning by flight I reached to Delhi and from there to Agra. Delhi to Agra is around 4 and half hours journey by bus. This was my second time to go to Delhi. I really liked the roads in Delhi they are so much wide and smooth. I reached Agra somewhere around 3 PM but then that day my friend said we will go to sikandara place. It’s a historical monument and it is like a sign of sorrow. After that we went to Gurudwara. For the first time in my life I went in Gurudwara. It is Guru Teg Bahadur Singh’s place. Guru nanak is the chief one and there are 1o more saints. Guru Teg Bahadur is one of them.
Second day I came to know that Taj Mahal is closed for visitors/tourists on Friday. So I went to Mathura. Mathura is pavan bhumi, my Krishna’s birthplace. It was enchanting experience in Krishna Janmbhumi. There is a magic in that place. I felt that I should not leave this place forever, till my last breath. Then in Vrindavan it was again awesome experience. I saw Banke Bihari mandir and ISKCON temple. ISKCON temple is just awesome, continuous Hare Rama Hare Krishna jaap. I saw many foreigners there. The way they sing and play that veena and tabala was awesome. In Banke Bihari I observed that every says Radhe… I had been to Dwarkadhish temple. There are so many temples and Ashrams in Vrindavan. I was really blessed to be there. I wish I could be a one of the gopis of Krishna or am I. As It was strictly banned on photography inside all temples I couldnot take snaps inside temple.
On the third day we went to see Taj Mahal, it’s just awesome. But my friend said that because of all types of pollution it has become bit yellowish. For this reason all industries in Agra has been relocated to outside the city. Then we saw Agra fort. It is quite huge fort. We moved ahead to fatepur sikri. It is around 40 km from Agra. It is famous historical monument. Pardes hindi film’s shooting has been done there. I came to know that there is some love story behind this monument. Many people believes that if you have any wish you can tie one thread there and once your wish fulfilled you come back there and remove any one thread from there.
Last day in the morning I headed towards Delhi and visited India gate and Raj Ghat.




No comments: