Monday, June 2, 2008

Koyana Wildlife sanctuary and Vasota fort


















































This weekend was really full of joy, enthusiasm, adventures as I had been to Koyna wildlife sanctuary and Vasota fort. One of my colleague asked me on Thursday and Friday I decided, how can I leave this golden opportunity. We were almost 14 members, most of them was from our office.
We left Friday night and reached to Satara somewhere around 2 AM. Ohh my god and next bus from Satara to Bamnoli was at 6:15 AM. So till then we did time pass. I tried to sleep on benches of ST stand but it couldn’t work because of mosquitoes J Someone from our team brought tea for all , I said at 2:45 we are going to have tea? But I had it J

In the morning we took bus to Bamnoli reached there in 2 hours and then from there we took permission to go to Koyna wildlife sanctuary. Actually Vasota fort is there in Koyna sanctuary area only. By motorboat we started heading towards the tents which we were supposed to go. It was 2 hours journey of motorboat. We reached to the tents. We had lunch there and then took some rest. To bring water we had to go to Koyna damn which was almost 1 km from our tents. I carried one pot of water on heat which must be of 8 to 10 liters. Then I realized how worst situation of water shortage is there in so many villages. But we enjoyed that experience. In the evening we went to watch some animals with the guard. We all sat on one point without making any noise. We sat almost 2 to 3 hours there. Finally we saw some jungli dogs there. They came to drink water and we were sitting on the other side of the damn. We saw footprints of many animals like bison. Jungle pigs. After returning we cooked rice and dal J We saw there was one more group reached to the other tent. They were making hell lot of noise, drinking. We had a arguments with that group, as it was really disturbing the piece of forest.

Second day morning at 6 o’clock we started climbing Vasota fort. Guard was ready to come with us. He told us that its almost 6 to 7 km from the tents. It was quite nice experience while climbing. No talking only walking, I used this principle. Some people were lagging behind. But we used to wait for them. We took almost 1 and half hour to reach to top. And it was mind blowing, superb scene from the top. Deep valleys , big mountains . dark forest we could see from the top. It was just amazing scene from the top of the fort. We saw one 2 temples there, king palace was almost gone. I was always walking with the guard. While returning we both took only one stop to see whether other team is coming or not and after that we did not stop anywhere. We had breakfast somewhere around 10:30 AM and then journey way back to home is started.

In two days we walked almost 18 to 20 km. It was great experience. The whole body muscles are paining, especially legs now J It was nice opportunity after a long time. I used to go for trekking regularly when I was in college days. But later due to job and all those things I started ignoring that. But I want to start it regularly now. Once your mind becomes ready and your willpower is high then things work. Trekking and photography has always been my favorite topics, rather those are my hobbies.

Keep Smiling,
Jai Gurudev

1 comment:

Ahmed Rizwan said...

Hey dude can u tell me the procedure to get the permission to enter in the sanctuary, actually me and my friends are planning to visit the Koyna wildlife sanctuary but we dont have any information about the stay and other things. We are planning to stay there for 2 days. We might visit end of this month.
I will be thankful if u could guide me.

Ahmed.